4 Stars for VOICES from Three Weeks EdinburghThu 25 Aug, 2011 // Bronagh Goan
The good reviews keep rolling in for VOICES – and rightly so! This mutlicultural a cappella group are a must-see!
Have a look at the Three Weeks eDaily here:
Or read he review right here:
A journey around the world is what they promised, and boy howdy, did they deliver with style. We were given a brief introduction to the cast members and where they were from, which, in my head, immediately gave them authority to create world music, in the truest sense. They then took us around the world using only their voices. Many different languages were used, which meant that half the time I hadn't an idea what they were singing about – but it didn't matter. The cast members were all great vocalists, the beat boxing was exceptionally mind blowing, the different styles and genres were blended seamlessly together, and their smiles were utterly infectious. The night appropriately culminated in a much deserved standing ovation.
New Town Theatre, 4 - 28 Aug (not 16), 7.15pm (8.30pm), £9.00 - £13.00, fpp309.
tw rating 4/5
Comments : Comments are closed.
- An Introduction to Chinese Teas at PekoeTea of Edinburgh
- PHOTO CALL: SCOTTISH ART SALE BONHAMS EDINBURGH MONDAY 15 APRIL 11.00 A.M. Private collection of Scottish Colourist paintings expected to exceed £1m
- Amy Schellenberg of Anonymous Art on the Culture Show.
- Valuation Day at the Castle of Mey
- Tartan Silk Honoured to Announce New Appointments
- VOICES Performed at Foodies Festival on Friday
- Six Delicious Ways to Celebrate Summer - Cuckoo’s Bakery launch their scrumptious range of summer cupcakes
- VOICES on The American-Scottish Foundation Website
- Happy Birthday Tartan Silk
- Cuckoo's Bakery's Irish Mist St Paddy's cupcake featured in the Sunday Post