Free Eye Tests for Scots' New Year Health KickWed 29 Dec, 2010 // Jeremy Bone
The majority of Scots are more likely to go on a diet or visit the gym in January than take up the offer of a free eye examination at their local optometrist.
However, in the run up to 2011 Optometry Scotland is encouraging Scots to get their eyes tested as part of their new year health kick. An eye test can not only detect problems with the eyes but also give early warning signs of other health conditions, such as diabetes, high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
Optometry Scotland’s Chair, Peter Carson commented: “This is the time of the year to enjoy the festivities but all Scots should remember that when it comes to getting fit and healthy in the new year, they can take advantage of the free eye tests available at their local optometrist.
“It is extremely important to get your eyes tested regularly to help avoid diseases which can be detected as well as ensuring there are no problems with the eyes themselves.”
Optometry Scotland is a non-profit making organisation formed to develop and represent the views of the entire Optometry sector. It works very closely with relevant stakeholders, organisations and the media to raise awareness of the importance of regular eye examinations and extended specialist services provided within optometry practices.
Comments : Comments are closed.
- Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Launches Global Campaign To Raise Awareness For Mental Health Issues Following A Second Chance
- Fountainbridge Show Celebrates it's 100th Episode this Evening!
- Seafood in Schools Anchoring in Tain
- Seafood in Schools sails into the Western Isles!
- Join Connections at the Edinburgh International Science Festival for “Sex by Numbers: the statistics of sexual behaviour”
- Congratulations to Ann! She is officially a published author in the inspirational new book, “Turning points”
- SEO Experts QueryClick Welcome News That Britain Leads the Way In Online Shopping
- Cuckoo’s Bakery hatch six “eggs-cellent” Easter cupcakes
- Miranda Grant appears on Scotland on Sunday's Eligibles 2011
- Chairs vs Pews - Luke Hughes and Company are name checked by BBC Radio Sheffield during debate...