I'm still the Captain, it's just the boat that's got smaller! - Nick Bates in Evening NewsMon 30 Jul, 2012 // Emma Bain
Nick Bates featured in today's Edinburgh Evening News following his success in obtaining a qualification allowing him to skipper the Union canal barge.
Despite his 45 years experience at sea, captaining the likes of the QE2 and QM2, Captain Bates wasn't allowed to cut any corners when it came to getting his licence to skipper a canal barge.
The amusing interview appears in today's Edinburgh Evening News.
Comments : Comments are closed.
- An Introduction to Chinese Teas at PekoeTea of Edinburgh
- PHOTO CALL: SCOTTISH ART SALE BONHAMS EDINBURGH MONDAY 15 APRIL 11.00 A.M. Private collection of Scottish Colourist paintings expected to exceed £1m
- Amy Schellenberg of Anonymous Art on the Culture Show.
- Valuation Day at the Castle of Mey
- Tartan Silk Honoured to Announce New Appointments
- Charlotte Gordon Cumming in the Aberdeen Evening Express
- Informed Edinburgh recommend Cuckoo's Bakery's Irish Mist cupcake for a St Paddy's day treat!
- Luke Hughes and Company: Interest builds in Singapore...
- A Delicious Treat to Keep Him Sweet on Father’s Day!
- Luke Hughes featured in Interior Design Today