Luke Hughes and Company "Sainsbury Laboratory architect wins Gold AwardFri 27 Jan, 2012 // Ismay Currie
On 15 November, at the Building Design Architect of the Year Awards, Stanton Williams were awarded Architect of the Year Gold Award. Project architect, Gavin Henderson commented ‘the judges commented that the two projects in our submission were “..two of the most impressive buildings built in the UK over the past 12 months.” The awards clearly reflect more than just our input as architects, but the skill, commitment and dedication of the whole Project Team!’ Alan Stanton wrote ‘thanks so much for the vital contribution in the furniture’.
Luke Hughes and Company was appointed to work closely with Stanton Williams to design and procure all the furniture, most of which is bespoke. The project has been a perfect example of one of the tenets of Luke Hughes’s design philosophy, that in any quality building, the connection between the architecture and the furniture should be seamless. The contract was worth almost £750K.
Comments : Comments are closed.
- Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Launches Global Campaign To Raise Awareness For Mental Health Issues Following A Second Chance
- Fountainbridge Show Celebrates it's 100th Episode this Evening!
- Seafood in Schools Anchoring in Tain
- Seafood in Schools sails into the Western Isles!
- Join Connections at the Edinburgh International Science Festival for “Sex by Numbers: the statistics of sexual behaviour”
- Please listen to Kitchen Garden on BBC Scotland at 1:05pm and enjoy the food of the Castle of Mey!
- Former Captain of the QM2, Nick Bates, receives his licence to skipper a canal barge
- Harris Tweed Orb 100th Anniversary commemorated with Model T Ford, ascent of Ben Nevis
- Tartan Silk welcomes Beth to the team!
- Advertising Space in The Kist's Programmes