Luke Hughes and Company "Sainsbury Laboratory architect wins Gold AwardFri 27 Jan, 2012 // Ismay Currie
On 15 November, at the Building Design Architect of the Year Awards, Stanton Williams were awarded Architect of the Year Gold Award. Project architect, Gavin Henderson commented ‘the judges commented that the two projects in our submission were “..two of the most impressive buildings built in the UK over the past 12 months.” The awards clearly reflect more than just our input as architects, but the skill, commitment and dedication of the whole Project Team!’ Alan Stanton wrote ‘thanks so much for the vital contribution in the furniture’.
Luke Hughes and Company was appointed to work closely with Stanton Williams to design and procure all the furniture, most of which is bespoke. The project has been a perfect example of one of the tenets of Luke Hughes’s design philosophy, that in any quality building, the connection between the architecture and the furniture should be seamless. The contract was worth almost £750K.
Comments : Comments are closed.
- Scottish Garden Centres open their Doors for Bonhams Valuation Days.
- LAST CHANCE TO PROVE YOU ARE THE WORLD’S BEST MARMALADE MAKER 2014
- Movies to Musicals
- Fountainbridge Show
- First Newspaper Review for The Fountain Bridge Show
- Exciting seat for Warders
- What are you having for dinner tonight? Martin's Kedgeree by the sea of course!
- Sight loss could escalate if free eye tests are scrapped, warns RNIB and Optometry Scotland
- Peter Carson on the Fred MacAulay Show pt 2
- Charlotte's campaign to end the organ donation lottery appears in the Press & Journal