New Wins for Tartan SilkMon 04 Oct, 2010 // Tartan Silk
Edinburgh-based agency Tartan Silk Public Relation has been appointed to promote three new top Scottish clients.
The firm has added to its existing portfolio Inverness firm Bonk & Co, Rosewell-based Armadilla and raconteur Nick Bates, the retired captain of the Cunard liner QM2 who is now enjoying a career as an after-dinner speaker.
Bonk & Co, an Inverness company that specialises in the supply of luxury wood-burning stoves, enlisted the services of the Tartan Silk team to boost its presence in Edinburgh and the Lothians. The move south is an exciting one for the 35-year-old firm, not least for Alex Dolby, grandson of the firm’s founder William, who will manage the shop in Edinburgh’s Abbeyhill from December 1.
The firm has also won a contract to front a large-scale PR campaign and boost sales for Rosewell-based Armadilla, which creates luxurious bespoke accommodation units and stylish outdoor storage units. Armadilla is a family business started by Archie Hunter in November 2009, when he came up with the design for the very first Armadilla. Since then he and his son Ross have gone on to build more than 100 Armadillas, in five different sizes, with a team of workers on their farming estate.
Edinburgh-based Captain Nick spent 45 years with Cunard Line, latterly at the helm of the QM2, the largest liner ever built, and completed his last voyage in August 2010. Renowned worldwide for his legendary ‘midday stories’ over the ship’s tannoy system, Captain Nick’s boundless subject material covers his life and times at sea and is a light hearted presentation or talk. He has already been invited to two major events in Scotland, with more in the pipeline, but has had offers of bookings from as far afield as Japan.
Martin Hunt, managing director of Tartan Silk said, “Tartan Silk has worked with many high profile Scottish brands, which means we are ideally placed to add depth and vibrancy to the campaigns we will front for all three new clients. It is a delight to add them all to our portfolio and, though they are all well-known names in their own fields we look forward to taking their respective identities to new heights over the coming months.”
Comments : Comments are closed.
- Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Launches Global Campaign To Raise Awareness For Mental Health Issues Following A Second Chance
- Fountainbridge Show Celebrates it's 100th Episode this Evening!
- Seafood in Schools Anchoring in Tain
- Seafood in Schools sails into the Western Isles!
- Join Connections at the Edinburgh International Science Festival for “Sex by Numbers: the statistics of sexual behaviour”
- Harris Tweed Orb 100th Anniversary commemorated with Model T Ford, ascent of Ben Nevis
- Cuckoo's Bakery Celebrate the Jubilee by Giving Free Delivery All Week!
- Tartan Silk welcomes Beth to the team!
- The Ultimate Entrepreneurship Trip
- Cuckoo’s Bakers Work Through the Night as Referendum Poll Gathers Pace!