Common Thread goes above and beyond to put people firstFri 01 Apr, 2011 // Bronagh Goan
The Common Thread Group has become the only residential child care company in Scotland to secure the prestigious silver Investors in People (IIP) award.
The accolade means the pioneering residential childcare company is also the only company in any sector in Dumfries & Galloway to achieve the award, having far surpassed the 39 ‘evidence requirements’ to achieve the standard award placing them in the top one percentile in the UK.
Julie Joseph, Mark Joseph and Derek Bannon got presented with the award this week by Investors in People Scotland Chief Executive, Peter Russian.
Managing Director Julie Joseph explained: “People are at the heart of our business, whether it’s the children in our care or our staff members who look after them, we are delighted this commitment to excellence has been recognised.
“Employee engagement is crucial for any business to improve both internally and to improve and develop the services we offer. Being the first residential childcare company in Scotland to be awarded silver status shows just how committed we are to supporting our employees and making sure we recruit and retain the best people to take Common Thread forward.”
Comments : Comments are closed.
- An Introduction to Chinese Teas at PekoeTea of Edinburgh
- PHOTO CALL: SCOTTISH ART SALE BONHAMS EDINBURGH MONDAY 15 APRIL 11.00 A.M. Private collection of Scottish Colourist paintings expected to exceed £1m
- Amy Schellenberg of Anonymous Art on the Culture Show.
- Valuation Day at the Castle of Mey
- Tartan Silk Honoured to Announce New Appointments