Six Delicious Ways to Celebrate Summer - Cuckoo’s Bakery launch their scrumptious range of summer cupcakesThu 24 May, 2012 // Ismay Currie
While Summer 2012 in the UK probably won’t be remembered for scorching hot weather (certainly not in Edinburgh!) it will be the setting for many iconic events in the British calendar. Cuckoo’s Bakery on Dundas Street have devised a range of seasonal specials guaranteed to keep customers happy all summer long.
Even if it raining cats and dogs outside, these summery and uplifting treats will make you feel like you have just had two weeks of perfect sun!
Strawberries and Cream – a cupcake homage to the classic Wimbledon fare. Delicious fresh strawberry sponge topped with vanilla buttercream, fresh strawberries and meringue.
Summer Fruit Smoothie – classic vanilla sponge filled with a raspberry and kiwi coulis, topped with banana buttercream – with all this fruit, surely this cupcake is athlete endorsed?!
Pimm’s – a royal union of orange, peppermint & Pimm's sponge with a lime and Pimm’s jelly filling, crowned with a strawberry cucumber buttercream.
Lemon & Blueberry Cheesecake – a summertime favourite with a Cuckoo’s twist. Lemon, blueberry and white choc chip cheesecake sponge with lemon cream cheese frosting.
Lychee and Lime – take your taste buds on an exotic vacation with a lime sponge cupcake filled with lime and lychee curd, topped with lychee buttercream.
Pistachio, Lime and Basil – pistachio and basil sponge with a zingy lime and basil buttercream.
Replacing some of Cuckoo’s regular flavours, all six summer cupcakes will be available every day from June 19th to August 26th. So you will have all summer long to sample each and every one!
For further press enquiries, please contact Martin Hunt on 0131 557 8885/ email@example.com or Ismay Currie on firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
• Cuckoo’s Summer range are available as daily specials from 19th June – 26th August, priced at £2.50 to take away and £2.80 to sit in.
• Cuckoo’s Bakery is at 150 Dundas Street, and are open every day except Mondays.
• High resolution images of each individual cupcake available by request.
Comments : Comments are closed.
- An Introduction to Chinese Teas at PekoeTea of Edinburgh
- PHOTO CALL: SCOTTISH ART SALE BONHAMS EDINBURGH MONDAY 15 APRIL 11.00 A.M. Private collection of Scottish Colourist paintings expected to exceed £1m
- Amy Schellenberg of Anonymous Art on the Culture Show.
- Valuation Day at the Castle of Mey
- Tartan Silk Honoured to Announce New Appointments
- Cuckoo's Bakery Summer Cupcakes Featured in The Lady
- Edinburgh based Exhibition and interpretive Designers, Studio MB help The Black Watch Castle and Museum receive its funding
- Get your Scaramanga satchel now! Scaramanga is featured in The Pulse's Christmas gift guide
- Watch Charlotte Gordon Cumming on BBC Reporting Scotland
- Health Minister Visits Telehealth Solutions Project on Bute